Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 07:42 AM

My spanish friend finishes installing the MITO-02 interface and now the steering audio controls don't work, but RockfordFosgate amplifier works now perfectly. Bluetooth controls doesn't work; all others functions are 0k. . .

Old 05-17-2009, 12:26 PM
ash

Originally Posted by traveler31m
Are the loose/extra wires from the radio or form the vehical's harness? You can look for wiring harness wire detail/color/description on the internet. Let us know what they turn out to be.
The 'spare' wires are ones that came with the units harness. You can see a picture of the harness in one of my posts above.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Default Not so much

Maybe I should just stay with the factory radio and seperate GPS. The unit looks great but has some drawbacks/issues. Sound issue when headlights are on (maybe isolated), extra wires the instructions don't define, if you have the Rockford Fosgate you have to buy the Mito-02 which the steering wheel control for radio and blue tooth don't work with. Sure would be nice to hear from the factory sales rep on this. Do you have the manufacture's contact info on the instructions? We can try manufacturer support to get some answers

Old 05-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Default important question

I've have neglected to ask: Is this a touch screen?

I don't see it clearly stated on any of the product descriptions I have found on the internet.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:42 AM
ash

Originally Posted by traveler31m
I've have neglected to ask: Is this a touch screen?

I don't see it clearly stated on any of the product descriptions I have found on the internet.
Yes it is touch screen. Still not got the problems resolved yet. I got a reply from the seller saying that the engineers have replied

"Plz be sure that wires connected right, engineers confirmed that maybe wires connectted wrongly of steering wheel control. plz ask your customer double check and confirm us back."

That really didn't help. It should really have come with detailed installation instructions, not just a user handbook.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Default I would still try

Have you tried to identify the factory dimming wire and cut it or isolate it so it's not connected to see if that's what is causing the sound to go off?

Google aftermarket wiring harness diagrams so you can identify which wire it is in the harness. If you want to avoid return issues with the harness that came with the radio you can cut it or pull it from the harness on the vehical side. You can always splice it back or insert the pin back into the harness if that wasn't it.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:45 PM
ash

There's a diagram in the back of the units manual which shows the connectors and what 'they connect to'. I will scan it and post it here tomorrow. An orange wire is marked illumination, so I disconnected that and it made no difference at all, still no sound with the lights on. I can't find a wiring diagram for the car, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, it will help.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Default found this

I found this. Let me know if it helps.

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander Car Radio Wiring Diagram
Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Red/White
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Yellow
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Green/White
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: Pink
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Blue
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/Blue
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Red
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/Red
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Yellow/Blue
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Blue
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Yellow/Red
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Red

I'll keep looking to see if it's diffrent for 2008 but it shouldn't be. Their is an illumination wire and no dimming wire. I would have thought they would use dimming not illumintion because that is what the radio does when you turn on the headlights. Another wire to check is the asseccory wire +12v, or see what other factory wires change state wheather +12v or ground when you turn on the headlights to find a culpurit. It could be a speaker wire is grounding out when the headlights go on and killing the sound. You can do trial and error one speaker at a time. Sorry to put you to work but trying to help you out since I don't think the return merchandise to China is going to be easy.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:51 AM
ash

Here's the connection diagram from the back of the manual. I will have another play at the weekend. I'm pretty sure it will get sorted out. I'm getting the wriring harness for the towbar fitted soon by an auto electricians, so if I dont get it working by then, I will get them to have a look at it.

Last edited by ash; 05-21-2009 at 02:54 AM. Reason: added more.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Default skematic does not match

I'm so confused! This is fun. The steering wheel radio button fuctions don't match. What wires is it that connects to the radio to get the steering wheel button voltages (commands)? Harness #3 black, green and/or grey? Maybe the Mito-02 interface fixes these diffrences. What is the "manual brake close screen testing line"? Does the DVD player work with the car in drive or does the parking brake have to be on? What is the "back draft radar testng line"?

When you check this weekend see it the radio's illumination wire (orange) is connected to the cars illumination wire (green/white). Might as well check them all. The factory could have screwed up the harness configuration.

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation